The objective of this club shall be to foster interest among its members in the social, economic, educational, civic, and cultural conditions; to develop leadership and character; to prepare for good citizenship; and to demonstrate the act of caring for others.
The Crown Club of Junior Auxiliary of Biloxi-Ocean Springs shall be a service project of the Junior Auxiliary of Biloxi-Ocean Springs (JABOS), and its policies shall be in harmony with the policies of the JABOS. All activities and projects of the Crown Club shall be subject to the approval of the Advisors, which shall consist of active members of the Junior Auxiliary of Biloxi-Ocean Springs Crown Club Committee. The JABOS Crown Club Committee Chair shall be directly responsible to the JABOS and shall report monthly to the JABOS Executive Board on all activities and projects of the Crown Club Service Project.
A prospective candidate may be considered for membership if she:
- is a resident of the JABOS field of service defined as the cities of Biloxi and Ocean Springs, Mississippi and surrounding areas to include D’Iberville, St. Martin, and Vancleave.
- has successfully completed her freshman year in high school,
- has an overall 2.5 grade point average or above, and
- has submitted a completed application and provided all supporting documents as defined within the application by the established deadline.
To maintain membership in good standing, a member must:
- perform a minimum of eight (8) education hours – two (2) of which must be obtained by attending the Crown Club workshop and six (6) by attending club meetings with the exception of a member’s first year in which the member is required to obtain eight (8) education hours.
- perform a minimum of twelve (12) service hours,
- pay annual dues of $40 each year by the established deadline, and maintain an overall 2.5 grade point average or above.
Membership for the 2020-2021 service year is selected through an application process that will be open for submission from April 1, 2021 through May 31, 2021.
To apply to be a member of the JABOS Crown Club click HERE
To submit a reference for an applicant click HERE
For further info or questions, please contact project chair, Scarlett Rogers or Co-chair, Nikki Pettis via email at JABOScrownclub@gmail.com